Saturday, November 7, 2009

What? More Havarti?



Well, as a matter of fact, yes, more Havarti.

Good friend, Terry, reminded me that we used to enjoy a very rustic veggie grilled Havarti sandwich at a little restuarant on Citrus Avenue in Redlands, CA. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the restuarant, but that is neither here nor there.
Both of us started salivating at the memory of THE Havarti sandwich.

As soon as I could, I ran to the kitchen, slathered butter on a couple of thick slices of very hearty wheat bread I got from Avenue Breads in Bellingham, sliced some dill Havarti, tossed it onto the skillet! A little sizzle, sizzle and it was browned and melted and ready to savor and enjoy! I had it with some jalapeno Dorito chips. It wasn't THE Havarti sandwich Terry and I had in Redlands, but it was the hot and melting one I had in hand.

Delicious with an icy cold beer!

1 comment: