Sunday, May 24, 2009

Care for a little honey with that?

While my friend Susan and I were indulging in a bagel-n-cream cheese and coffee at the Bellingham Barnes and Noble, I chanced upon a copy of a new cheese periodical, culture magazine. This baby is published four times a year and I had the Spring issue in hand.

Lovely presentation of information and photography; articles about artisan cheese things of interest here and abroad. I'm going to learn a lot flipping through these pages! I also think I put on 5-lbs just reading about Gorwyld Caerphilly from Wales, and the honey drizzled Picolo made at Andante Dairy in Petaluma, CA, or boar sausage with an Italian Pecorino.

So many cheeses, so little time! I'll do the best I can.

Culture is published Winter-Spring-Summer-Autumn by Cheese Toast, Inc., in Lynnefield, MA, for a mere pittance of $30 per year.

You can subscribe at www.culturecheesemag.com

Check with your local library to see if they carry this magazine. Maybe you can even ask if they would consider offering it! Do your part for cheeselovers everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought to have honey and cheese together. But ZoeAnn and Alone had a party and served toasted gorgonzola on toast rounds that were drizzled with honey. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete